LOCKHEED-SANDERS / BAE SYSTEMS
This project involved the concrete restoration of the entire street side facade of the Canal Street Building for this 1930s vintage concrete frame building.
The design efforts included:
- Core sampling of the existing concrete.
- Petrographic examination and laboratory analysis to determine the cause of the deterioration.
- Mapping of the deteriorated concrete utilizing boom lifts.
- Development of a restoration program, utilizing high-pressure hydro-demolition for surface preparation, followed by the proper installation of micro silica cements.
- Providing a project report relative to our findings, including opinions of cost and options for repair and facade restoration.
- Performing project designs, detailing, and technical specifications for the construction documents.
- Assisted in the evaluation of bids and provided construction administration.