LOCKHEED-SANDERS / BAE SYSTEMS
Concrete Façade Restoration
Nashua, New Hampshire
This project involved the concrete restoration of the entire street side facade of the Canal Street Building for this 1930s vintage concrete frame building.
The design efforts included:
- Core sampling of the existing concrete.
- Petrographic examination and laboratory analysis to determine the cause of the deterioration.
- Mapping of the deteriorated concrete utilizing boom lifts.
- Development of a restoration program, utilizing high-pressure hydro-demolition for surface preparation, followed by the proper installation of micro silica cements.
- Providing a project report relative to our findings, including opinions of cost and options for repair and facade restoration.
- Performing project designs, detailing, and technical specifications for the construction documents.
- Assisted in the evaluation of bids and provided construction administration.